- Kevin Gregg has struggled lately. He struggled earlier, too. In between all that struggling, he was pretty good.
- Carlos Marmol is somewhat undependable. He has great stuff. Sometimes that stuff makes it into the strike zone. The Carlos situation seems to get worse in the 9th inning.
- John Grabow looks like the Cubs' new lefty specialist/jam remover.
- Sean Marshall used to be the Cubs' only lefty specialist/jam remover, and he's been great in that situation all year.
- Sean Marshall has looked very good in high-pressure situations.
- The Cubs might want to try somebody else at closer.
- I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs winning in the 9th inning with a guy named Sean Marshall on the mound with the potential to earn himself a save and the Cubs a win.
That's all I'm saying.